Shortbread is a bit of a tradition with us at Christmastime, they are so easy to make, taste delicious and are very moreish. You can’t have just one, I’m afraid! These ginger shortbreads are especially delightful.
250 grams of unsalted butter
125 grams of caster sugar
350 grams of plain flour
2 tablespoons of rice flour (available in supermarkets)
125grams of crystallised ginger finely chopped
- Heat the oven to 160 degrees.
- Mix together the butter, flours and sugar.
- Roll out the dough to about 1.5cm thick.
- Cut the dough into 18 fingers.
- Grease and line a baking tray and place the fingers on the tray leaving a little space between each.
- Bake on trays for 25-30 mins at 160.
- Sprinkle with a little caster sugar when cooked.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Have a merry Christmas!