WE LOVE to eat fish, however we don’t get much variety in the supermarkets around this area, so I try to cook a few different fish dishes from time to time. This is one of the best fish pies that I have ever made and is a very easy and economical recipe.
- 400ml can of coconut milk or cream
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 bay leaf
- 500 grams of fish such as blue grenadier chopped into chunks
- splash of white wine (optional)
- 350 grams of celeriac peeled and diced
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- parsley and chives (optional)
- Gently poach the fish in the coconut milk together with the lemon juice and zest, parsley and chives, if using, and a splash of olive oil for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Cook the celeriac together with the thyme and potatoes for 20 minutes until soft.
- Drain and mash together with a little butter, season.
- Put the fish in a baking dish, pour over the poaching liquid.
- Top with the mashed celeriac and potatoes.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes until golden on top.