In the first five sessions, visitors got to meet Marg Lacey, Dennis Leversha, Judy Soerink, Maureen Loughran and Susan Hall. The artists talked about their work and showed how they went about creating a work.
Next up are Ken Griffith, Ray Dahlstrom, John Mutsaers and Deborah Watson.
- July 9 When Ken Griffith paints, he thinks of Picasso saying “I begin with an idea then it becomes something else.” Discovery and experiment keep him vitally interested. Learn more from this brilliant multi-award-winning artist.
- July 16. Before 2009 Ray Dahlstrom was a traditional landscape artist. The loss of everything he owned in the Black Saturday fires changed that. After a time of practical and emotional re-adjustment he turned his attention to his new environment using a variety of media, painting less traditional subjects – Seascapes and Landscapes with a difference are his forte.
- July 23 Established artist John Mutsaers needs no introduction. Whatever he chooses to show us will be drawn from his vast knowledge and love of his subject. John has just returned from Europe in time to tell us all about it, and maybe show us some of his beautiful work.
- July 30 Specialising in kiln-formed glass Deborah Watson will introduce us to the delights and pitfalls of working with glass and show us some techniques used in kiln-forming.
- Work by the featured artists is displayed in the gallery.
The free sessions are at ArtSpace Gallery, 1 Bent St, Wonthaggi from 2pm-3:30pm. All welcome to come along and learn something new about different artists and different techniques while enjoying afternoon tea.