Ingredients for the kebabs
2 chicken breasts cut into cubes
Steamed rice to serve
Kebab skewers (if using wooden skewers you will need to soak them for a couple of hours before using)
Ingredients for the satay sauce
1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
1 onion finely chopped
1-2 garlic cloves finely chopped or crushed
¾ of a cup of peanut butter (smooth or chunky)
2 teaspoons of fish sauce
1 tablespoon of lime juice
¾ cup of coconut milk
3 teaspoons of brown sugar
- First of all cook the rice and keep it warm.
- Heat the oil in a pan and cook the onions slowly until they are soft.
- Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes while stirring.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir.
- Cook for another 5-6 minutes until thickened slightly.
- Transfer the satay sauce to a dish and then turn the chicken to lightly coat.
- Thread the chicken cubes onto the skewers (about 4 pieces to a skewer) (or you can thread the skewers first and then turn them in the sauce).
- Drizzle with a little oil and grill for 8-10 minutes turning frequently until they are lightly browned.
- Serve the chicken on top of the rice.
- Pour the satay sauce over the chicken and rice.
- Drizzle with a little warmed honey if liked.
- Serve with a green salad.