It’s broad bean time again, and we have a wonderful crop as usual. We have spent most afternoons this week podding them, freezing them and of course eating them, along with the peas that Bert grew. It’s always a bit of a challenge to use them up, but they do freeze well and last a few months in the freezer.
MINT, BEAN AND FETA SALAD
200 grams of broad beans
250 grams of fresh or frozen peas
3 zucchinis diced
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 lemon juiced and zested
A handful of torn mint leaves
100 grams of feta, crumbled (or use Persian feta which is marinated)
- Steam the beans for 3 minutes and the peas for 2 minutes and put in a bowl to cool.
- Cook zucchini in a frying pan with a little oil.
- Add to the bowl and cool.
- Add zest, mint and feta.
- Whisk the lemon juice and olive oil and season.
- Pour over the vegetables and toss well.
Happy new year, everyone!