I OFTEN have problems making cheesecake. However, this simple recipe is delicious and easy. It would make a lovely dessert for a birthday or anniversary celebration. Quite honestly, I could eat it for dessert every day of the week!
250 grams of Nice biscuits
125 grams of butter melted
500 grams of cream cheese (at room temperature)
395 gram tin of condensed milk
2 tablespoons of lemon juice
2 eggs lightly beaten
1½ cup of mixed berries (or your preference)
- Preheat the oven at 150 degrees and place the rack on the bottom shelf.
- Grease and line a 20 x 30cm lamington pan.
- Crumb the biscuits in a processor or with a plastic bag and a rolling pin.
- Add the melted butter and stir well.
- Spoon the crumbs into the pan pressing it down with a flat-bottomed glass.
- Mix the cream cheese, condensed milk and lemon.
- Add the egg and mix well.
- Sprinkle half the berries over the base.
- Pour over the cream cheese mixture and smooth. Add remaining berries.
- Bake for 30 minutes until JUST set (wobbly!).
- Turn off the oven and cool with the oven door open for 1 hour.
- Remove it to the fridge for 2 hours before serving.