MY LOVELY niece in Canada sent me this recipe last year. I had never heard of pumpkin spice biscuits before. This year we have had our usual crop of “feral” pumpkins, so I plan on making these delicious, spicy biscuits very soon. Although they don’t look very inspiring, I’m sure you will enjoy them as much as I do.
225grams of butter, softened
1 cup sugar
½ cup brown sugar, packed
2 teaspoons vanilla essence
¾ cup cooked and pureed pumpkin
3 ¾ cups plain flour
1½ teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon nutmeg
½ teaspoon mixed spice
½ teaspoon ground ginger
2 heaped tablespoons of sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Grease and line a tray with baking paper.
- Cream the butter and the two sugars.
- Add the beaten egg with the vanilla essence.
- Next the cooked and pureed pumpkin.
- Then sift the flour with all the spices and the salt and baking powder.
- Add to the biscuit mix and stir well.
- Using a dessert spoon, dollop the mixture onto the greased and lined baking tray.
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over the biscuits.
- Bake for 15 minutes, cool on a wire rack