Bert and I love this tropical salad. If you don’t like prawns, you can always make this with smoked salmon.
400 grams of cooked prawns or smoked salmon
2 mangoes cut into 2cm cubes
2 avocados cut into 2cm cubes
2 limes plus lime wedges to serve
1/3 cup coriander leaves finely chopped
1 long red chilli seeds removed, finely chopped
1 tablespoon of honey
1 tablespoon of avocado oil or virgin olive oil
1 lettuce, leaves separated
- Peel, devein and roughly chop half of the prawns, place in a bowl with the mango and avocado
- Grate the zest of half a lime, juice both limes
- Place the lime zest and juice in a small bowl with the coriander, chilli, honey and oil,
- Whisk to combine and season well.
- Pour over the prawn mixture and toss to combine
- Divide lettuce among plates, fill with the salad, and serve with the remaining prawns and lime wedges.